The Learning Linguist tries a new approach
Recently I wrote about my work with retrieval practice, how it was going and what I was going to need to change. I mentioned some names of other teachers whose ideas I have seen on Twitter and Facebook and that I planned to integrate those into my lessons in the future. Today I dedicated the day to planning a half term’s worth of work for my year 8 classes, working on the topic of food and loosly following the Mira 2 book, as per my school scheme of work.
Included below are the following documents:
- Food lessonsx3 – a powerpoint with key vocab, a sentence builder, a trapdoor activity, some listening activities as well as some work on the knowledge organiser.
- Meals KO model text – the text used in the above powerpoint.
- Marketx1 – a powerpoint with key vocab, a conversation, listening activities, a trapdoo activity, sentence builder.
- Market KO – the conversation from the market lesson.
- Restaurantx2 – Similiar activities to the previous
- Restaurant past KO – text from the above
- Future food – Similiar activities to the previous
- Future food KO – the text from the above ppt
- Opinionsx1 – Similiar activities to the previous
- Opinions KO – text from the above lesson
- Unit summary – powerpoint with retrieval activities and reference to the following activities:
- Food summary reading
- Untangle translation
- Structure strip
I am by no means an expert! I have not taught these lessons yet and I’m sure I will discover things that need changing along the way. Also, having spent only a day on the entire thing there may well be errors, or things that needed more thought. Go easy on me please!
Please note, due to the speed at which I created these the Spanish has not been 100% spelling/grammar checked and there may be a few minor errors which need correcting. Do check what you’re planning to use before doing so.